Monday, September 28, 2009

Enter Into The Courts Of The King

Several yeas ago, the Lord called me to go to our church building and pray. I thought I was starting a prayer ministry, but it turned out to be a season for me alone. The Lord touched me in the most intimate way, and at the same time I started feeling the weight of sin on my back. I asked the Lord, why is it that the more I come before you, the more I see all of the things that needed to be changed within me? I realized that the Lord created our relationship to be this way.

Everyone needs to understand what sin is. In the first book in the Bible, is Genesis and it talks about how God created the first human man, Adam. Then God made the first woman Eve. They had perfect unity with God, their creator. Everything was in harmony and at peace. All was right before God, until one day both Adam and Eve ate of the apple of knowledge behind God’s back. They tried to hide what they did. When God confronted them they shifted blame on each other. God had to separate himself from Adam and Eve and kicked them out of garden. Their decision put a wall between them and God. Sin was born. Sin is turning our backs on God and doing our own thing. Sin separates us from God because God is sinless.

God can not tolerate sin, but he also wants a relationship with us so he created a unique way for allowing us to come before him. 1) God pours out his presence 2)which produces a hunger for repentance (repentance is turning and walking away from something that separates us from God’s presence ). 3) that helps us to accept God’s leading in our lives. It must be understood that this process can only work for a person after he or she acknowledges their separation for God. It must also be understood that God sent his son Jesus to live as a man and then die when he committed no crime. Jesus is without sin. Jesus died so that we can have access to God once again.

When we experience the intimacy of God we are changed forever. We no longer want our own desires to be fulfilled. We want what the Lord wants and we don’t care who gets the credit for it. Our focus changes form being on ourselves to being on Jesus. God’s presence creates a deep hunger within us, so that we want more and more. Entering God’s presence also creates a desire to get rid of any obstacle (sin) that can keep us from coming before him.

God has spoken to many people through out history. I believe the Lord is still speaking today and if we search for him and wait we can hear what God is telling us. It can be through the Bible, through a song, a person, a thought, or nature itself. If we believe that God is the creator of everything, then it’s logical to believe that he can use whatever he wants to communicate with us. We just have to be willing to believe and listen.

During my prayer time at the church I was seeking the Lord. I was praying for the church, our nation and direction for myself. I spent many hours on my face repenting of the things the Lord pointed out to me and then I walked into his throne room of Grace. Once you’ve entered the throne room of God, you’ll want to come back. The presence of God is addicting. The more you go, the more you want

Worship is adoring God and telling him all the things he is and the things he has done. I truly believe that you have to worship more than one day a week. God is the only one that can fill the empty holes in our lives. His door is always opened, we just have to walk through it. It’s scary standing at the door. Your sin is revealed when you stand at the door, but when you choose to walk in God’s love pours all over you. The more time you spend with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit the more you will change. Your relationship with the triune God is like any other relation. Your relationship will grow when you more spend with them,

Part 2 tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment