Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Enter Into The Courts Of The King - Part 2

When we experience the intimacy of God, we are changed forever. We no longer want our own desires to be fulfilled. We want what the Lord wants and we don’t care who gets the credit for it. Our focus changes from being on ourselves to being on Jesus. God’s presence causes a hunger so deep within us, that we want more and more. Entering God’s presence also creates a desire to get rid of any obstacle (sin) that can keep us from coming before him.

God has spoken to many people through out history. I believe the Lord is still speaking today and if we search him out we can hear what he’s telling us. It can be through the Bible, through a song, a person, or a thought, even nature itself. If we believe that God is the creator of everything than it’s logical to believe that he can use whatever he wants to communicate with us. We just have to be willing to believe that he can and will do this.

During my prayer time at the church I was seeking the Lord praying for the church, the nation and direction for myself. I was praying about many things. While I was at the church building, I sensed God asking me one question over and over again. “Are you willing to die for me?” I admit I wasn’t thrilled with the question, so, I asked are you talking about spiritual, physical or emotional death? Silence filled the room. I didn’t receive an answer, but a sense of knowing that my answer had to come first. I seriously had to count the cost and not give a fast, flippant or religious answer. I knew my decision would be honored either way I went . I didn’t make my decision lightly but I said yes. Over a period of time, my answer to God’s simplest, yet hardest question has changed my life.

Part 3, Tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Seeking: It's all a mystery to those who don't understand, that the reason we are seeking is that we hear someone call out our name. It's so faint that we must 'zero' in on it to see what direction it isa coming from. Christ is calling us...Yet when we hear Him call our name we don't realized that it is HE that is calling us.
    It's like a game of Marco Polo only we aren't blind-folded. We might be binded spiritually, but we get a sense that we hear someone somewhere call our name. It stirs our heart and We have to Respond!
    Once the identity has been proven, and we like gideon have "tested"/ we have put the "fleece" out..We now know that it is HE. It is Christ who is calling us.
    And that becomes all that we want, but we need to seek Him out. the desire has to grow and grow until it is all that we think about.
    Like Jacob we have to "wrestle" with the angel, beg or demand a blessing. We have to surrender to Christ. Surrender All to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100% God's presence calls us then touches us then fills us with a hunger for more of him. It's totally worth it

    ReplyDelete