Friday, March 13, 2009

Winds of Change (Part 3)

As I stated earlier, our nation is in trouble. No one can disagree with that. But this where I part company with many. I believe God’s hand is all over this situation. For several years now God has been amercing his people with his intimate presence. I believe several things has been taking place because of this. Jesus has been calling his people out of legalism and ritualism and into a time of repentance. By repentance I mean that we hunger for the God’s presence so much, that we will get rid of anything that stands in the way of our coming before him once again.

For the past few years the Lord has been teaching me not to go by what I see, but what he says. This has helped me to look beyond the natural and look to God regardless of what’s happening. I believe the hand of God is touching his people. The time of courtship is over. God is getting ready to move and will only take the people who are willing to follow him now and leave the rest behind. The ones that choose to stay behind, in their complacency, will live out their lives in their decaying church walls.

Our history is about to make a radical turn and many things will never be the same again. I believe God is getting ready to do something unprecedented. No one knows what it is because when it happens no man will be able to claim responsibility for it. I believe it will be so radical that it will affect every institution in our nation from the Presidency on down.

I’ve heard two camps of thought that I think both are wrong. One is that our nation is doomed and will fall. The other is that we will go back to the time of Beaver Cleaver goodness and everything will go back to the way it was. One thing history has taught me and that is that we can never go back. Either belief brings delusion and destruction. We have to seek God for today and each day be willing to hear a new answer. I believe this is a time of totally trusting God in every area of our lives especially when it pushes us out of our comfort zones.

Jesus is asking us a few questions. 1) are you willing to die for me 2) are you willing to do what I say even if it doesn’t make sense in the natural 3) and are you willing to pray and pay any cost that I require of you. Jesus has asked me these questions and it took me a long time before I answered them. I wanted re-assurance and Jesus gave me none. He waited for my answer and didn’t answer me until I gave him mine.

Jesus is asking each one of us the same questions and is awaiting our reply. Think long and hard before you answer, the cost is everything. The rewards however will be totally worth it. We will be able to know that we are to take part in a special time in history. We can’t participate with a partial commitment when it’s a convenient time attitude. It’s time for a total surrender commitment to become a part of God’s destiny for ourselves and our nation.

Each time history has changed, it’s been in the middle of chaos. God always prepares his people beforehand and tells them in advance what he wants us to know. It’s never been done the same way twice and I believe that this time will be no different. God is moving and now it’s up to us to choose if we want to be part of what’s going on. I believe it will be more radical and it will have greater and farther reaching consequences than any of us can imagine. I think that is why he’s not letting his people in on the what’s of what he’s going to do. Jesus will be glorified and no man will be able to lay claim to what’s coming or how it’s done.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I loved this... Thank you for sharing this, Colleen.

    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete