Friday, April 17, 2009

The Beauty of God’s Glory!

Yesterday, I was driving to my daughter’s house. She lives about 1 ½ hour’s drive from where I live. The weather was in the upper 60's and it was beautiful. It was a perfect Spring day.

For the past four or five years, we in the South, have had drought. Spring would come and the rain would disappear. Spring usually lasts about a week or two, then we go into intense Summer. This year has been different. The weather is still in the mid 60's to lower 70's. We’ve had quite a bit of rain. The grass is growing without the benefit of sprinklers. We are actually having a Spring season.

As I was driving I started to take in deep breaths of the sweet, clean air. The humidity was non existent and the sky was blue with puffy, white clouds slowly passing by. Everything looked brand new. The fresh green grass reminded me of Ireland and the Little People with their pots of gold hiding on the other side of a rainbow.

Peace, contentment and joy surrounded me like a gentle embrace. I was going to my daughter’s to do what every woman loves to do. We were going shopping and then have dinner together.

As I was driving home after a great day, I started thinking about the beauty God placed before me just so that I could enjoy it. I’d like to believe that God loves me so much that he created yesterday just for me, so that I could enjoy him in his creation. I am grateful that I took the time to reflect on God’s glory. I’m even thankful that he created shopping centers that my daughter and I could have a special time together.

On the way home, the sky was studded with bright, shining stars that kept me company. Isn’t God awesome. He created the twinkling little lights in the night sky so that I could be reminded of God’s beauty morning, noon and night. The night drive home was like icing on a cake. The whole day was delicious. Try some, it's awesome and also very low in calorie content. Which is a good thing because once you taste it you can't get enough.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you both got to have your cake and eat it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of your best blogs, because it reveals something of your self in a personal way. I liked it!

    ReplyDelete