Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hope Deferred Makes the Heart Sick. Part 2

Part 2 of yesterday’s blog

We have tried door #1, #2 and #3, so what's left? Approximately three years ago I felt a strong urging from Jesus not to pay attention to the news in any form. I didn’t understand why at the time, but I do now. If I had kept up with all that has been going on in our nation for the last three years, I would be filled with hopelessness like everyone else. Remember, hope deferred make the heart sick. I truly believe that “hope deferred” means there are no other options available.

Are there any other options? Can there be a way out of all of this mess? Is our nation doomed to failure like other civilization's that have taken their focus off Jesus? Are we going to decay into the sands of time?

Low and behold, there is a door #4. We do have another option. People have to take the time to look for it. It’s not easy to see and you have to want to see it. That door is hope in Jesus. God is not sitting on his throne in heaven going, “Oh no, everything is falling apart. Can I handle this?” God is omniscient. He’s the past, present and future at the same time. Our only hope out of this unholy mess we are in, is in knowing that God planned this specific time in history. He planned for Senator Obama to win and to do all of the things he’s done so far.

Is there any hope of our nation bouncing back? Could there be another terrorist attack within our borders once more? Is there a possibility that our monetary system could be completely destroyed? Will we be become weak, powerless and defenseless as a world power? Are we to loose our identity as a melting pot, but still being one nation? The way things are headed now, most definitely, yes.

Thanks goodness I don’t believe in what I see, but in what Jesus tells me. I just don’t believe our nation is at the point of no return. I believe there is more for us as a nation to accomplish. I am praying for our President. I’m praying that God will turn him around and he will be used for God’s glory. I’m praying for the church so that her blinders will be removed and that she can see who she is clearly once again and start moving in the right direction. I’m praying for our political parties so that they can be of the people once more.

My God is big, so big that I can’t even begin to guess at what he’s going to do until he does it. I believe our nation is about to have an ultimate experience with its creator that will change our history forever. All that I know is that I want in on it and that I will give all that I am and have to be part of what's going to take place.

Look! God's coming and his train is on the tracks preparing to pull into our station. It will be here shortly. From what I hear the ride is unbelievable. I want in on whatever God is intending to do so I am jumping on the train.

Wow! We get to see God move and change a nations direction. How often does that take place? Come with me! It will be the most exciting ride of your life. The Hope Express is pulling in and will be leaving shortly. All aboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment