Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Time In A Bottle - 3


Part 3, from yesterday’s post

Jesus brought me to the place where I had to realize that if I wanted him to be the Lord of my life, I had to make the time to be with him. He also brought me to the place where I had to see that his relationship with me was far more important than my relationship with my family, to anyone or anything else. Jesus showed me that he is the reality of my life. Now I had to make a choice. Do I want Jesus more than anything else?

I started to pray and ask Jesus to show me how to change, and to ask how I could make time in my day for him. He’s always faithful. Eventually, I started praying more, which lead to more praise, which lead to more worship. Now, I hunger for his presence.

Have my days, and time schedules changed? Maybe a little, but I seem to have time now to put the Lord into my days. Is it always easy, no, but it’s always worth the sacrifice. Jesus’ sweet presence is far more important to me now than the busyness of my day. I go to bed now with a new sense of accomplishment. Because, all of the things that matter now are being done. I’m actually more energized than I used to be and I go to bed with less exhaustion.

Jim Croce wrote the song, “Time In A Bottle” which seems appropriate:

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I’d like to do
Is to save every day
Till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I’d save every day like a treasure and then
Again, I’d spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I’ve looked around enough to know
That you’re the one I want to go
Through time with you.

I believe that he wrote this song for his wife. Even though the words were written for someone else I like to sing the song as if it were written to Jesus. A song of an unconditional love that will last all eternity. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. Very good Colleen. I think we always need to do a check on our priorities and keep them in the right order. God, family, job, ministry, etc. Now for those that are unemployed, like me, I have absolutely NO excuse for not spending more time with Him. And that my friends, is the bottom line. (quote by Frank Melton, God rest his soul.)

    ReplyDelete