Friday, May 8, 2009

What if?



I started thinking about a tear drop. How delicate, small and beautiful they are when they fall. What if a tear drop captures and reveals a deep part of our soul every time one appears. Just as a camera captures the essence of a moment, can a tear drop, as it falls, reveal and capture our inner self .


Could they reveal:

the joy of finding the right person for life

the heartbreak of betrayal by someone you love
the fear of being hurt
the pride in your child’s first major accomplishment
the anger that overrides common sense
the wisdom gained through the years
the awe when your hear the first heartbeat of your unborn child
the excitement of making a new friend
the first time when you realize that you are mortal

Actually, I don’t really think a tear drop can do any of that, but I do believe that where a tear drop comes from can. The eyes. Isn’t it said that the eyes are the mirror of our soul.

When I want to get to know someone I look into their eyes. It reveals much more than words ever can. It let's me know if they are listening to me, accepting me or they are hurting and need my comfort. It also lets me know if they don't want to spend time with me, or if they are so excited that they can hardly wait for me to finish.

We are all complex and unique. I've been told by many people that I'm easy to read. So please take the time to look into my eyes from time to time. You will see who and what I really am. You might actually get to see a tear drop when you take the time to look. It’s an added bonus while looking into the mirror of my soul.

1 comment:

  1. This is exceptionally well written.

    I looked into your eyes 30 years ago and saw great depth of love for God. Nothing has changed that perception since then.

    Good job. love ya!

    ReplyDelete